I'm sitting here on my bed, my steaming coffee is now just lukewarm, my dog is snoring away and I'm listening to the legend Johnny Cash live in San Quentin. I'm loving life right now, this summer has been hell, and I don't know if I'm ready to put it here, on my blog perhaps one day. I've been doing a lot of reading lately, over ten books in two months, and while reading these fantastic stories I kept thinking to myself that I can do that, I have the creativity to do that. And so I started planning a novel, I outlined it, treated myself to a laptop and began writing it two weeks ago. I am now ten chapters in and I love creating this world and tearing it down any way that I can.
But that's not why I'm here, I'm here to tell you all about a dream I had a few nights back. In the dream my girlfriend, Ashton and I were in this old rickety elevator, it was made of steel mesh and carried us down into this deep darkness. When it finally stopped, we were in this huge cavern, jagged daggers of stalactites hung down from the ceiling. A massive red roped bridge reached out before us over a yawning expanse of a bottomless pit. My fear of heights kicked in, my heart raced; immediately I thought that the bridge wasn't quite up to snuff. There was no way I was getting on that thing, however on the other side, there was an opening where I could see the sun, and if I wanted to get out of the darkness I needed to traverse this wretched bridge. I took a trembling step onto the first plank of wood, the rope creaked and my heart gave way to fear, it pumped the terror throughout my veins. I wanted to be back, however when I turned around there was Ashton, her arms crossed and a look of determination etched onto her beautiful face. She didn't have to say a thing, I knew that she wouldn't let me off of the bridge, so I closed my eyes, turned around, took a deep breath and walked, there we were, suspended over a never ending height, my heart raced and every time that I wanted to stop she encouraged me with a soothing hand on my back. I plodded on determinedly, tears leaked out of my eyes, I was scared shitless. And then, we were across, we were out in the beautiful sunshine, with rolling fields of green and bubbling ribbons of cerulean blue rivers.
I woke up, turned and looked at my sleeping girlfriend, she had stayed with me when the fear was at its apex, and it took the dream as meaning that she would stay with me until I was old and grey. And I in turn will stay with her, and help her over her bottomless pit when she needs me. I fell into a deeper love this weekend, a love that I have never felt before and I never want to end. I will hold her until the sun burns out; she is everything to me and has told me that she feels the same way. My spirit is soaring and hers is right there with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment