Hello out there to anyone who actually may be reading this right now. I'm back. I didn't really go anywhere I've just been really busy working on drawings for some friends of mine and trying to catch up on my reading, I've been slacking on that lately. I did get inspired to write some poetry yesterday however and now after a couple of hours of pouring over this poem, seeking to find a way to make it even better, I hold my breath and toss it into the wind, so to speak.
Short and sweet; until next time friends.
J.
High.
By Jason Inglis
Inhale—slow, long and deep.
I roll—down amidst the glowing
embers into the depths of my mind
to contemplate with my soul.
Hold it in—tears and burning fire
Acrid smoke rings pop out of my
mouth—hanging idly in
the air, before skirling out
on a mad cork-screw of
someone’s conversation.
Exhale—an ineffable attraction
The song flowing out of the
speakers enchants me into having
faith that—a rose’s beauty
is eternal.
Violins sing as I put
my pencil to this paper;
their song inspires me to
scribble out some masterpiece.
However—I fear this drivel, this
gibberish, this gobbledygook
is all that I could find in
the murky chasm of my
smoke baffled mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment