Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hold True

Hey there once again, this is probably going to be a short one due to the time frame I'm working with, I head off to work around five tonight, and in the mean-time I'm trying to get a start on a good copy of this sketch I'm working on. Anyway enough blathering...

Yesterday the skies were filled with threatening clouds, ready to burst at any time. I needed to run to the bank and figured I'd make it there and back before the rain came. However, the rain fell and it fell hard, and instead of looking on the bad side of it for once, closed my eyes and felt the rain fall on my freshly shaven face, feeling as if something was washing away, maybe it was the rest of my old self, is it possible that we shed some sort of our soul's skin? I don't know but when I looked up at the clouds I couldn't help but smile because the sun came out and shone so brightly I couldn't help but smile and laugh-out-loud, this immense joy welled up in my heart and barked out of my mouth.

All the way home from the bank I was moving words around in my head and when I was in my room dripping on the floor my mind exploded onto my note book, and I wrote this poem.


Hold True.
By: Jason Inglis

If the clouds could sing,
what a song they would boom,
they’d roll their music along
the hillside and over the rooftops.

I walk with my head a swivel,
striding breathlessly in awe,
as my eyes feast upon scenic gunmetal
grey clouds mingling with white wisps.

A single drop—dab on
my glasses, accompanied
by some of his fellows,
together they blot out my vision.

Rain dances down in sweet
sheets, cleaning the rust off
this beat down old soul
of mine.

The Sun peeped out from
behind a cloud and smiled
down upon me, He soaked
up the dumb insecurities and
showered me in bliss.

Oh, how I smiled and laughed
because, for a moment,
I felt naught but sheer
joy while looking on the
clouds as they chanted
their song and rain
danced in my hair.

I longed to walk bare-
foot through the grass, however
pressing matters batted the
notion aside.

I pondered about such
beauty in a thunderstorm,
can I find the same
magnificence in what I’m
trying to achieve?

A voice whispered
deep within the wind,
“Hold true to yourself,
you will find your sun
amidst the thunderstorm.”

Sun hid His head beneath
the clouds once more,
I strolled on down the road
with words in my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment