Friday, February 26, 2010

Pancake Interruption

What's new with all of you? Well With me? I got a new job! I'm jacked, I mean to forty hours a week at eleven dollars an hour, I missed the opportunity last time, I and like Sydney Crosby against the Swiss I wasn't going to miss this one, Crystal the woman who hired me, calls just as I was sitting down to a great big ham sanwhich, toasted and everything and asks if I want a job, I said yeah and started Wednesday night. Who knew that I'd be back in a factory sweating my balls off in big yellow rain slickers and blue steel toed rubbers? Who knew I'd be happy to be so?

Now I can actually go out and have a life, hang out with my friends and who knows one day I may even drag my ass out of my mom's house, I want to enjoy the taste of independence again. Although it may be a little scary now that I pull myself free of this mountain of self doubt I pulled down around me, and awkward as fuck, because as some of you out there know that I can say some really weird shit some times, I'll get through and I'll be my old self in time, but now with a purpose.

I can buy more shit for my dog and cat, a new winter coat for Maggie or something, last night I took her for a walk, and so much snow had fallen that it reached up to her shoulders, so she was doing this kind of hop-run thing, I walked her down to the pole, (a light pole with a yellow wire guard) I know that I should take her on a proper walk, but lets face it, it's was snowing and blowing and we both wanted to get out of the cold. So we turn around and start walking home, I'm only in my broken down Element shoes and she shoots off without warning, I almost corn-dog it, but at the last second I pulled out of the swoon. She looked up at me with those guilty bug eyes of hers that make me think, she's so ugly she's cute. We get in out of the cold and she tears around the house like she does after being out in the cold. I went into my room and then, my mom comes in after awhile and says "I made pancakes." And think oooh pancakes. So I go in get a stack, butter em' up and drench em' in syrup.

I sit down and start to eat, I can hear Maggie's tags clinking together out in the hall, I always think that when she's not around she's up to no good, that's not normally the case, but I can't help but think it that she's up to something, so I stand up and walk out into the hall where she's taking a shit, and looking up at me with happy eyes. I bellow her name "Maggie" and she shoots off, I set my plate on a counter as I grabbed a square of paper towel and picked up the single log laying on the hall floor. With that done I went back to my pancakes.

I tuck in, I eat the pancakes with relish and rather pissed off that the dog just shat in the house, and then she comes in and just starts staring at me. I look at her and she groans in her throat. I firmly believe that this is her trying to communicate, I mean she does this shit all the time, I break the stare down and go back to my stack of delicious pancakes, I see her get up out of the corner of my eye, and then I hear this sound. A sound that probably grates on everyone's nerves in different ways, it was the sound of Maggie puking. I looked at what was just regurgitated by my dog and then I looked at my pancakes and thought yum. I set the plate aside, for the second time that night and grabbed a wad of paper-towels, because if my fingers touch that shit I'm going to puke. I grab carpet cleaner and on my hands and knees I scrubbed dog vomit out of my carpet, while she looked at me with sorrowful eyes that you can never stay mad at. When I got back to my pancakes they were cold and I was saddened. Not really but cold pancakes suck.

I'll be back soon, talking about other random shit, maybe I'll post some work on here next time, I did just finish the fourth draft of this story called Silent House, who knows?

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment