As noisy kids outside my bedroom window jump up and down on an old rusty trampoline, I silently pray that they fall through the glass patio door that they have so smartly placed the trampoline next to. Or that one of their head bounces off the deck that looms above the trampoline. All that seems capable coming out of their mouths are swear words, I mean I swear a lot, but its as if these kids are practicing for some sort of swearing award.
I was able to get my hands on a copy of the move OUTLANDER before it hits the rental shelves this Tuesday, and let me tell you, it is a feast for the eyes. The story is outstanding and they way they mixed the Sci-Fi with Fantasy is enough to make lovers of both genres lust for more. I often found myself wondering if they would attempt to do a prequel for this film, I think they would be able to pull it off amazingly.
Went out last night with my brother and watched STAR TREK, and all the rumors are true, it is fantastic. My brother and I both went into the film never once watching and episode of the old television shows, nor any of the other movies that came out before it. We were both pleasantly surprised that we enjoyed the movie so much, I was more impressd by the fact that Bryan (my brother) liked it as much as he did, as he does not like the Sci-Fi genre at all. I mean the dude hasn't even seen Star Wars for fuck sakes. But he liked this movie a lot.
It seems that summer's sky and heat is upon us these days, I spent the weekend doing these damn training modules rather than basking in the golden rays of sun in back yard. We put the gazebo up, my mom potted some flowers and now we await the first barbecue dinner outside. I spent the rest of my day outside reading A Game Of Thrones, a novel by George R. R. Martin, so much has already happened in this book and I'm not even half way through.
So now I go to watch something and let my mind veg, still hoping that one of them tumbles through that glass patio door they are bouncing next to. Or maybe one of their heads bounce off the deck that looms just above and to the side of the trampoline while I listen to their smart language as they jump on their smartly placed trampoline.
No comments:
Post a Comment