Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Spring in my Step.

You may notice that I have a little spring in my step today, that is probably because I just finished writing the first draft for the little novel I've been working on. I came up with the idea for it a couple weeks back, and did an outline and set the goal of writing a chapter a day, well I set my goal and I blew the damn thing up. The novel has ten chapters in it, so I thought that it would be ten days to write it, well I did it in nine, and now I'm thinking of heading off to a local Staples and printing it all off and then putting it away for awhile. You know to let it simmer.

On another note, on Sunday while I was working my entire family seemed to come into the video store and surprise me with my other brother who has been living in Spain for the past couple of months. They were bugging me lovingly like they do when I see this guy walking around and I thought to myself that dude looks like Bryan and it was him, I was so shocked that all that came out of my mouth were the words "What the fuck?" It's good to see him although he has picked up the habit of wearing shoes in the house.

So the past couple of days have been really amazing and I can't wait until I start editing this new work I've been working on. It's the first time I've set a goal in a long time and actually accomplished it. I realize that a lot of authors don't get picked up on their first try and I know that some will say that my story is horrible drivel, but I did work really hard on it and enjoyed the time I spent inside my imagination while my fingers typed the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment