Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nature Surrounded by Civilization?

Well I decided to go back into the forest today armed with my camera, I woke up and the first thing that came to my mind was, I need to walk the dog and the second thing was, I should take her to the forest. And as soon as we entered we were greeted by a bird song, I'm not too sure but I believe it was a Chickadee's song.

Entrance to the path, where you forget about civilization for a few moments.

Yesterday I had taken her through the forest where she had a blast sniffing and snorting all the old smells she hadn't sniffed and snorted in quite some time. It has changed quite a bit since I walked her through there last, trees were blown over in the storm a that sent my barbecue cartwheeling into my neighbours yard. You remember the one.

Trees batted down as if they were reeds
of grass.

I really believe that these little paths they have placed sporadically through out my hometown are to be treasured. I often find myself wondering when these too will be felled to make space for our ever growing city. I think they should be kept for children to grow up in and be inspired by.


I tied Maggie up to a branch so that I could get a better angle of this fallen tree, it turns out she didn't like it at first but then she found some new smell and started sniffing around again, and snorting like a little piglet.

Maggie wondering where the hell I was going.

As we were heading out of the little path we could hear Chris Isacc's I want to Fall In Love playing in someone's backyard, and then we came to the exit and were suddenly surrounded by suburbia once more, it came as quite the shock that something so beautiful as nature could be surrounded by something so dull as civilization.

One of my favourtie trees, its actually wrapping its
branch around another tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment