So here we are, the day after mother's day and I really don't know what to blog about. But I feel as if I should be entering something in here today. Yesterday afternoon I woke up bleary eyed and with a marching band playing what felt like the Notre Dame fight song inside my head.
You see, I found myself at a keg party the previous night after work, I walked down into this tiny basement and could hardly fit down the stair well, there were people talking and laughing, on a couch I saw what I thought was a small horse at first, but then I realized that it was a Great Dane whose name was Mary-Jane. A guy approached me with long hair and cargo shorts and said
"You wanna drink the keg, ten bucks."
So I paid, and ran into some old friends I hadn't seen in quite some time and hung out with them, all in all I only got two drinks from the damn keg, but then they filled the stall the keg was in with bottles of Pabst Blue Ribbon, and once you start drinking the Pabst you're done for. Ended up going downtown armed with four unopened beers jammed into my pockets that I downed on the way to the bars.
At the end of the night I found myself in my old apartment with my old roommates watching Pulp Fiction and the Special Olympics, I think there was twenty seconds watching soft core porn while channel surfing. My old room mate offered to drive me home, as everyone was falling asleep, he hadn't been drinking, when I got home the sun was just coming up and I could hear the first morning songs of the birds.
I passed out in my clothes only to wake up around noon and give my mom a huge hug and kiss. She said I smelled horribly, so I went and showered and got ready for the day.
We all went over to my brother's place and had barbecue and a fantastic time. Where I got made fun of a lot, but that's what my family does, we tease the hell out of each other. So once again
Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies that raise their children with love and compassion.

No comments:
Post a Comment