
I woke up this morning to the bouncing springs of the trampoline yet again, it was eight o'clock in the fucking morning. Kids don't need to be bouncing around on that thing before breakfast do they? Anyway, I rolled out of bed, let the dog out of her crate, put her harness, shuttered at her matching red toe nails that my mom decided to paint the other day and headed out for the morning walk. She took care of her business while I looked on with eyes full of sleep crusties. We headed back home and I filled her bowl up with dog food and sat down in front of the computer, to check e-mails before I actually started my day.
I had planned on writing a lot today, working on this story that has been intriguing me as of late. So when I sat in front of that blank white screen after my shower, the cursor seemed to mock me, You ain't got shit to write, why don't you just give up now, I had no clue what the fuck I was going to write about. I mean I had a general idea but I guess I didn't really think it out that much. Also it is a different type of story, I usually deal with horror or fantasy, this story that has my attention is going in a totally different direction and maybe I'm a little scared to head off that way. So I sat there, and I sat there and I sat there, trying to force something, but to no avail.
There is nothing as frustrating as sitting in front of a blank screen with nothing to say, the skies outside my bedroom window turned dark as did my temper, as I realized that I probably won't get anything done today. So I stalked around the house with my dog at my heels, making tea and a late breakfast. I decided that I will just read for the majority of the day, and who knows maybe something will come out of reading. It usually does inspire.
I've found that you should never really try and write anything unless you have a plan of attack. So sitting in front of your computer willing some sort of magic to come forth usually does not work. So I'll drink my tea, open my mind and fall into a different world where wars of iron are raging and boys are playing kings.
Jay.
No comments:
Post a Comment